My psychotherapy practice is in the Silverlake area of Los Angeles. I have worked with adults, adolescents & families, with problems related to dual diagnosis & all kinds of trauma. After working in the field for several years I wanted to understand people better – to have a deeper understanding of the psyche, of personality structure and to help people make more lasting change. A few years ago, I began taking courses at LAISPS (Los Angeles Institute and Society for Psychoanalytic Studies). This led to enrolling as a candidate for training to be a certified psychoanalyst. I began my studies in October 2018 and am currently in the process of studying the art & science of psychoanalysis, which involves coursework, infant observation, supervised control cases, and my own analysis.
I currently spend part of my professional time working at a treatment program for teens & young adults with emotional and behavioral problems who also struggle with drug & alcohol use and family problems. I run groups on everything from improving emotional regulation to understanding their decision-making process and how they can be accountable for their actions. I have extensive training in treatments to heal trauma and have facilitated therapeutic groups for kids and women in domestic violence situations.
In addition to psychoanalytic training, I have studied and practiced sandtray therapy as an addition to traditional talk therapy. For a fuller description, go to the “sandtray” tab to read more.
- Masters in Social Work, Columbia University, New York, NY
- Bachelors of Art in Psychology, St. Mary’s College, Moraga, CA
On a more personal note:
- I grew up in Los Angeles and am part of a large family who has long-standing connection to the Pasadena community.
- I am a candidate at the Los Angeles Institute and Society for Psychoanalytic Studies to become a psychoanalyst
- I have a second degree black belt in karate and spent a good portion of my adult years in New York teaching and fighting in tournaments
- I am now an ardent tennis player and play competitively in local leagues