I work with kids & families on problems such as:
- Family conflict and difficulty communicating
- Difficulties getting along with others
- Excessive anger
- Power struggles between parents and teens
- Isolation and being uninvolved in family life
- Drug experimentation and problems related to drug and alcohol abuse
- Suicidal ideation and behaviors
- Difficulty controlling emotions or not feeling emotions
- Academic underachievement
- Depression, withdrawal, and chronic sadness
If you don’t see your child’s problem listed, please call or email me to discuss your particular situation and we can see together whether I might be the right person to help.
I work with adults on similar problems such as depression, anxiety, difficulty in relationships, problems with emotion. I have been influenced by and believe strongly in attachment theory, which basically means that we have been shaped by our attachments growing up and have developed an “attachment style” that gets played out in our current relationships – from colleagues to family to romantic partners. I believe that a lot of our suffering can be traced to attachment wounds – not being seen or heard sufficiently enough in our most important caregiving relationships. Fortunately, we heal in relationships as well and that is partly what happens in therapy, in addition to understanding and accepting ourselves more fully.